How do I plan my travel during Christmas in Portugal?

Hello I’m gearing up for a Christmas to Portugal and could use some seasoned advice. How do you plan your travel during the festive season in this beautiful country? Any must-visit Christmas markets, local traditions, or hidden gems you recommend?

Hi, I’m also planning a Christmas there this year, How did your Christmas trip to Portugal go? Did you manage to make it there and experience all the festive delights?

Hey James,
Yes, I had an amazing Christmas holiday in Portugal. I didn’t have to worry about my Portugal visa as I applied through portugalvisa.org.uk and got it in a few days. As for my vacation, I visited some fairytale markets in Lisbon & Porto. Had an amazing time taking part in the Midnight mass church service and watching the local traditions of nativity scenes & carol singing. Overall, it was a wonderful time of Christmas in Portugal and I would love to visit again.

1 Like

It seems you had a lovely time in Portugal for Christmas! Going to those story-like markets in Lisbon and Porto, that must have been an interesting experience. . If you are thinking of going back, try to discover other parts such as Algarve or Douro Valley for a change in atmosphere.